Ryan turned 30 years young on June 3. We threw a party for his birthday on Saturday. It would have been fun if it were a surprise but I am not sure I could have pulled it off. It was a lot of fun! We had a few friends and family over for a b-b-que and played Rock Band.
I ordered this cake at Costco. They seriously have the best deals for cakes. They are super good, super cute and totally inexpensive. They had an option on the order form for a golf theme. Those of you who know Ryan know that is totally appropriate for him :)
Of course my dang belly gets in the way of everything, and as I was cutting the cake it rubbed right up against the side of it!! The picture doesn't make it look as bad as it was :)
I ordered this cake at Costco. They seriously have the best deals for cakes. They are super good, super cute and totally inexpensive. They had an option on the order form for a golf theme. Those of you who know Ryan know that is totally appropriate for him :)
Holly and Ryan have the same birthday so we surprised Holly with a cake and candles to blow out as well.
We got just a small round one for Holly and after it was loaded with the burning candles I thought it was going to go up in flames (not because there were so many candles, but because the cake was so small :)
After everyone left we were cleaning up and Ryan found this not-so-little guy crawling on the patio. I think it is a black widow. Between this and the cockroach that crawled across our carpet during the party we decided it is definitely time for a bug guy! (I am a little embarrassed to admit we haven't gotten one yet!)
(Jen, I thought of you when I took this picture)
Overall it was a really fun night! The only mishap...Ryan spent all day (literally, from the time he woke up until the party started) getting the yard and various other things ready. He has been wanting a ping-pong table since we moved into the house and decided this was as good a time as any to get one. So, he gets the table and starts setting it up about 3 pm. The party wasn't going to start until 6 so he figured he would have plenty of time. Two hours later the table wasn't even close to be done. He looked so defeated. I told him it was his party so he could cry if he wanted to :). Ok, so he didn't cry, but he really was like a little kid whose bubble just burst. He really wanted that table set-up for everyone. We will just have to have another party after it's done.
I had several people ask me if I threw him the party to put me into labor. I was hoping it would! Nothing going on yet. I have an appointment tomorrow. On Wednesday I will be 38 weeks.
that cake looks delicious!! im def going to have to go to costco next time!!! yum!! so fun that you did all of that for ryan!! he is a lucky guy!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun party! You did a really good job. I'm jealous of people who can throw parties (even if you thought you didn't). Also, that picture of the spider totally made me think of me too! Good job documenting it. I hope you Raided the crap out of that thing. Ick, it's so huge!
ReplyDelete