My sisters and sister-in-law threw me a shower this past weekend. They went above and beyond and everything turned out so nice. Over the course of this pregnancy I have been amazed at the outpouring of love from so many friends and family. Ryan and I feel very blessed to have so much love and support from those around us.
I will be 36 weeks on Wednesday (YIKES!!) We still don't have a name. I LOVE the name Mason. Ryan isn't so fond of it. I have decided that I have accept the fact that he won't be named Mason so we can move on and pick one we both like {Sigh}. Cross your fingers for me he changes his mind. :)
I had my sisters sit down with me tonight to make a list of essential items I still need to get so I don't have to send Ryan to the store 3 times a day picking up things as we need them.
What are some essential things that you wished you got before your baby was born?
I will be 36 weeks on Wednesday (YIKES!!) We still don't have a name. I LOVE the name Mason. Ryan isn't so fond of it. I have decided that I have accept the fact that he won't be named Mason so we can move on and pick one we both like {Sigh}. Cross your fingers for me he changes his mind. :)
I had my sisters sit down with me tonight to make a list of essential items I still need to get so I don't have to send Ryan to the store 3 times a day picking up things as we need them.
What are some essential things that you wished you got before your baby was born?
OMG, what a CUTE shower!!! ok your sister needs to show me how to make those cake pops!!! i have always wanted to learn how!!! LOVE them!!! you look SOOO good for 36 weeks, i looked like a beached whale at that point!! ughhh, i still feel like one but thats another story!! haha.
ReplyDeleteso ryan i hope youre reading this...do i need to toss you around a little bit?? mason is the CUTEST name ever!!! im like already stuck on that name!!! hahaha. ;)
so the things i would for sure get before the babe is here are: mittens, lots of diapers(because if hes like kruz he will go through like 15 a day...no joke!!! i think he has nicks system!! ;) ) another thing we ABSOLUTELY LOVE is our wipe warmer it helps kruz so much!! whenever we our out and just using our one in the diaper bag he crys and he usually never does with our wipe warmer. im trying to think of what else...hmmm...you never know how big they will be but we didnt buy a lot of newborn things because we figured he would grow out of them fast, so maybe more of those...def get lots of hats because they loose heat from their head! & my mom got me a bunch of the aden & andis (i think thats what theyre called) swaddle blankets...those are the BEST because the thicker ones make them sweat so bad! also, a swing would be AMAZiNG!!! get the nice one too not just a cheap one, it will be your best friend because you can set him in it and he will just be content!!! its awesome!! :)
I think the most important things we used the first few weeks were a boppy (if you are planning on breastfeeding, that's totally essential - totally helps until you get a feel for what you are doing), a couple different types of binkies (Grace didn't like any kind except ONE specific brand and it's still the only brand she'll take), lots of onesies (you can buy like a 5 pack of Gerber brand super cute ones and they're easy and perfect for hot summer days), and good swaddling blankets that are square in shape (babies love to be swaddled and rectangular ones can be hard to keep wrapped up). Good luck!! I look forward to seeing pictures. You look amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteThe shower really does look great. I love all the blue candy, and the cake poppers. Yum. And you look so cute! Pregnancy totally agrees with you.
ReplyDeleteAs far as the name, wait until the hospital, when emotions are running high and you've just had a major medical procedure; then you get more than 1 vote. ;)
Seriously, you're going to need tons of diapers. Amazon Mom will deliver them to your house, 2-day shipping. Then neither your nor Ryan will have to run to the store. It's a free subscription that I totally recommend. http://www.amazon.com/gp/mom/signup/welcome
Also, this isn't PC to say, but have a bottle (Dr. Brown's!) and some formula at the house, just in case. Not all babies feed well and not all moms can nurse (I was 2 for 2 there), and it's ok to supplement. Make sure you have formula so you can guarantee your son is getting nutrients. Nadine lost a dangerous amount of weight the first 3 days because she wasn't getting anything from me. I'm convinced colostrum is a joke played on new moms.
Other things to have are lots of wipes for the diapers; 40x40 swaddling blankets (Target has some); a tub of antibacterial gel for after you change his diaper, so you're not trying to wash your hands and hold a baby; and Butt Paste, the one in the yellow tube, because that is a miracle rash ointment (waaaaay better than Desitin). Also, get a fan for his room; it's so good for cutting out noise and giving babies that white noise they're accustomed to. Also also, make sure your camera battery is always charged and your car seat and baby bag are now in the car with you every time you leave the house.
So fun! I wish I could have been there.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all of your suggestions! This really helped out!
ReplyDelete