Summer Reads
I just finished...
Wonderful story and a quick read. Now I am on to...
Have your read this yet? I have heard wonderful things about it. And just saw a preview for a movie.
A few books on my list:
Gone with the Wind
Harry Potter (I read them but it's been years)
The Hunger Games
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Water for Elephants
Sarah's Key
What have you been reading?
Mmmmmm, "The Help." Enjoy! Your book list is great. I just read "Bridget Jones's Diary" (I don't know how I missed it 15 years ago) and it was excellent. As was "Cutting for Stone" and "The Thirteenth Tale" (though it has a few scandalous moments).
ReplyDeleteA word of caution for Dragon Tattoo--be ready to self-edit, and use it frequently; that book can get fairly graphic. I threw it away after I read it postpartum.
Also, regarding recent pictures of you--you look fantastic! I'm fairly jealous about how quickly you look great after having a baby. Nicely done. Also, Mason is such a cute little guy!
I want to read Secret Lives of Bees before the summer ends. Hunger Games is amazing (especially if you read it for how the author intended... the third book changed my entire outlook on those books!) and I loved Gone with the Wind, but it's all very metaphorical, so read the characters are types, rather than just characters. Makes it much more interesting!
ReplyDeleteJen, thanks for the advice on Dragon Tattoo. Also, The Thirteenth tale is another I have been meaning to read!
ReplyDeleteThe Help is amazing! Have you heard of the Hunger Games series? A must read too.
ReplyDelete