26.7.11

First Road Trip

{Really long post. Don't blame you if you don't finish it}

Ryan and I attempted our first road trip with Mason. We went to Salt Lake City for my sister-in-law's bridal shower. It took us 8 hours to get there (should have taken 6) since we had to stop and feed him twice. I had visions of him crying for hours while sitting in his seat, but he did great! It was so nice to get out of town for a few days and spend some time with family. I wish we could all live closer to each other.

{these pictures are totally out of order -sorry}

Monica and Bailee -the brides to be


The three Fox cousins -now that all the siblings are married, we better start getting some more :)

Kruz and Mason meet for the first time

This was adorable. We put Mason and Kruz down next to each other. Mason was out like a light and Kruz was wide awake. But their hands were locked together. (There is a better one below.)

Kaysi, Kruz, Megan and Livi at the shower


Tell me other moms do this too!!!

This is my favorite of these two

Credit goes to Kaysi for some of these pics, including this one.

These little men are just like their mommies and like laying out in the sun. Mason didn't last too long. Ryan took him home and let me enjoy a few hours by the pool kid free!


While in Utah we drove down to Provo to see my brother Brett for a few hours.




The whole trip was great until the drive home. We left early Monday morning to drive home. The drive was going great and we were making great time. We stopped in St. George to feed Mason and get some breakfast at McDonald's. As we were walking out of the restaurant Ryan handed me his cell phone since he was holding Mason. We got out to the car and still needed to change Mason's diaper so Ryan set Mason down on the seat and I put his cell phone on the roof of the car so I could change the diaper. After I got the diaper changed and Mason strapped in we drove off. About 20 minutes down the road Ryan asked for his cell phone. I left his new Blackberry on the roof of the car!! I was expecting Ryan to get mad, upset, yell. And he didn't! We decided to turn around. I called his phone and someone answered. I guess some guy saw it fly off the roof as we were driving off. He picked it up but not before 2 cars ran over it. The screen was totally cracked and ruined but some how it was still receiving calls. This wouldn't be a huge deal, but Ryan uses that phone for work and since it was a work day was needing to makes calls on our way home. Luckily he sill had his old Blackberry at home so he didn't have to buy a whole new phone! At least it wasn't Mason we left on top of the car :)

3 comments:

  1. it was so nice having you guys in slc!! i cannot wait to see you more within the next couple of months!! mason is the sweetest little angel ever, i already miss him!! & so does kruz!!! haha. i love the picture you got of them laying out that is SOOO hilarious!!! & i have a ton of great pictures of mason i took, whats your email? ill send them to you! mine is kaysivandyke@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, they look like little twins. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this post! And, yes, other mom's DO hold their baby's binki in their mouth!! I think it is SO cute!!! haha, Hey, it was fun to see your cute fun family at the party at Tammy's house this past weekend :) Your baby is darling :)

    ReplyDelete