16.2.11
Getting "Baby Wise"
So, I haven't been very good about reading pregnancy books and baby books, but one book that I have been reading is On Becoming Baby Wise. And I have decided that this is the "program" for me. It is basically a parenting style that gets your baby on a schedule of eating, sleeping regularly. And the best part is the baby should be sleeping through the night by 7 weeks!! What mom doesn't want that? The book is a big advocate of breast feeding. I have decided that I will give it a try, but I am not looking forward to it. It just seems like it makes feeding so much complicated. How much are they eating? Is something I am eating making them fussy? What if I can't pump, then do I ALWAYS have to be the one to feed them? Anyway, so aside from the BIG push to breastfeed I LOVE everything about this book. My sisters swear by it and I have heard nothing but good things. I'm sold!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If you have someone to help you, like your sister, then hopefully the program will work for you. We tried it, but kinda developed our own way less stringent adaptation of it. Especially after Nadine needed to be fed every two hours for two weeks. I know many moms who swear by this book, though.
ReplyDeleteAlso, about breastfeeding, don't allow yourself to feel guilty if it doesn't work. I hated that whole process and couldn't do it, so we bought a pump. Nadine got breast milk for the first month, supplemented with formula, and then she was only formula fed the rest of the time. And she has turned out remarkably intelligent for being a Similac baby. :) When we were discharged the second time, the doctor told me, "We push and push breastfeeding, but you know what? Your baby will be ok either way."
Phew, there's my soapbox.