1.3.12

It's Over

Finally, it's here. MARCH!!! The month of February has finally come to end and I can now eat sweets/desserts whenever I want. So, here is how the month went...

We decided last minute that Superbowl Sunday needed to be a cheat day. I didn't need it (since we were only 5 days into the month) but it was nice, nonetheless. 

Valentine's Day was a scheduled cheat day  and by the time it finally rolled around I was really ready for something sweet. I think I over did it because I had a tummy ache that night from eating too much. 

After Valentine's Day this challenge got really hard (near torturous!!). V day was supposed to be the last cheat day, but then my mom's birthday came on the 25. It was a cheat day for her, but not the rest of us. We heard she and my dad were going to Coldstone and my sisters and I just couldn't help ourselves. We unanimously decided we needed to be supportive daughters and get ice cream too! So we cheated. And then the next day (Sunday) we celebrated my mom's birthday at Sunday dinner and had a piece (or two) of cake and cheated again. 

So, to tally it up, out of 29 days in the month I had sweets on 4 of those days. Not too bad, huh?!

The hardest part was forgetting I couldn't eat sweets and think about getting something and THEN remembering that I couldn't have it. And of course there were times when I would be somewhere (like a bridal shower) and see everyone eating a dessert and wishing I could have some. 

Would I do it again??? Yes, but not for a long, long, long time. For now I am am going to enjoy finally getting to eat my eight boxes of Girl Scout cookies. Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment