8.9.10

It smells like fall

{Call me weird, but it feels like fall outside. When I get up in the morning the air is crisp and cool and I can drive to work with my sunroof open. I can smell it in the air}

This year for Labor Day Ryan and I went to this cute little town in Lincoln County, Nevada called Panaca. My grandparents lived there for years and years, but my dad still has their house there. It is a fun place to go to "get away from it all". We had a house full -My older brother and sister were both there, and between the two of them they have six kids -ranging from ages 3-9. A little town about 10 miles north of Panaca, Pioche, has a bunch of Labor Day festivities. There was an electric lights parade (basically about 10 minutes worth of cars driving down the street with Christmas lights hanging from their cars), a normal parade, a street dance (where we were surrounded my red necks and bikers), fireworks show (during which we all had to cover our heads at the end because debris was blowing into the crowd), and carnival type rides, booths, and food. The whole thing is totally "small town" and I love it!! Having spent a lot of time in this area growing up, it definitely holds a special place in my heart!!


Stacey and me at the street dance in downtown Pioche.All of us...minus my dad {he's taking the pic}

Typical position for my dad... :)

The parade -this was a regular old parade with floats and candy and the high school marching band

Me and button-pusher {aka Trace}

The kids, looking at the float passing and thinking, "Throw me more candy!!"

Joe and Ty

Holly and Tessa

It was a great, fun, relaxing weekend with family. The worst part of a three-day weekend is having to go back to work on Tuesday. Summer has officially come to an end. And while I will miss shorts and flip flops, and pink toe nails and tanning. Fall is here and with that brings, cool nights and crisp mornings and the holidays {oh, and smaller energy bill}

1 comment:

  1. ah! i'm sad i missed out on all thesmall town fun. next year! i know what you mean about "smelling" fall!!

    ReplyDelete