(So, not sure if anyone is even still reading my blog. I haven't posted in months.)
I finally did it!! I ran my first half marathon. I have been wanting to run one for years. It has been on my new year's resolution list for a long time. This year I finally cracked down and trained. I started training in January and made sure I paid for the race far in advance so I was monitarily committed. I am so glad I did it. Over the past 3 months I have come to realize how much I really enjoy running. I think I found my passion and my new addiction. The race went better than I thought it would. I was feeling great my first 10 miles. The next 2 miles were ok, but the last mile was when I really started hurting. It felt so good to cross the finish line and know that I accomplished my goal.
The race was a lot of fun. It was St. Patrick's Day themed. There were a lot of people wearing green and A LOT more people taking the theme serisouly. There were people dressed up as leprocans, people in green tights, green tu-tu's, I should have gotten some pics to post.
Ryan was nice enough to wake up early with me and be my cheer leader at the race.
Ryan told me to give the camera "sass" -this is the best I could do...
Before the race started...there were some great views of the lake throughout the course
crossing the finish line...1 hour 53 minutes.. I was in pain
mmm...after 13 miles the moufins and oreos were sounding yummy
Overall I was very pleased with my performance. My goal was to run it in 2 hours and I beat that by 8 minutes. I have already signed up for my next race...The Hurricane half marathon, end of April. You want to join me??
I am so impressed. You look so professional, too. I'm glad it was a good experience. I bet the Hurricane one will be beautiful.
ReplyDeletemeggg, that is so awesome!!! you look amazing after too!! not fair! my mom really wants to run and marathon and is encouraging me to do one so i need to get some tips from you!!! you are such a pro!! congrats girl!!!!
ReplyDeleteHI!
ReplyDeleteJay and I had fun visiting your blog today!
And, it's fun to get to know you better through the blog too! You are amazing to train and run the half marathon! That's so awesome! I have lots of friends and family that run marathons. I am always SO SO impressed! Hey, your house is so pretty! Bruce told Jay and I that we will all plan to come and visit you and Ryan sometime in the near future there in your new home! That would be so fun. We'll have to make it happen.
Tell Ryan Hi from us ok.
Lisa